Superstar of South Indian Film Industry, Prabhas is winning millions of hearts with his skills and talent. He is one of the highest-paid actors in Indian Cinema who has managed to impress the critics as well as the audience with his Bahubali style and acting chops. From his fierce looks to his romantic side, this guy has won numerous accolades. Several A-list actors and directors have expressed their desire to work with the superstar of the south, who has now become the superstar of the entire country with his back-to-back hits. In this article, we will tell you some of the interesting facts about the superstar of Indian cinema that even the greatest of fans don’t know.
1. Baahubali Prabhas was born on 23rd, October 1979 in Chennai. Most of the names in South and long and difficult to pronounce and Prabhas’ is no exception as his real name is Venkata Satyanarayana Prabhas Raju Uppalapati. His father’s name is U Suryanarayan Raju Uppalapati. He is a film-maker by profession, and his mother, Shivkumari, is a housewife.
- Prabhas is the eldest one among his siblings. He has an elder brother, Pramod Uppalapati, and an elder sister, Pragathi. His uncle Krishnam Raju Uppalapati is a famous star in Telugu film Industry.
- Prabhas did his schooling at DNR School, Bhimavaram. He completed his graduation in B. Tech Hyderabad’s Sri Chaitanya College. Can you guess what your superstar’s alternate career could have been?
- Prabhas’s family background is connected to the film, and that’s the reason why he thought of giving his best shot in acting. In 2002, Prabhas debuted with the film Eshwar. His famous movies are Varsham (2004), Chatarpathi (2005), Chakram (2005), Billa (2009), Mr. perfect (2011), and Mirchi (2013).
- Prabhas is pretty much dedicated to his work and passion. He believes that it’s important for him to fully focus on one film at a time and that’s the reason why he never releases more than one film in a year. Where some superstars release 2-3 film a year to maintain their status and fan-following, Prabhas chooses to release just one. It took Prahas 5 years to prepare for a film that shattered all the box office records and made a bunch of new records with its success.
- Prabhas made his debut in Bollywood with the 2014 film Action Jackson. Then in 2015, with the release of Bahubali, he became world-famous and also the first south Indian film superstar to have a wax statue in Bangkok’s Madame Tussauds.
7. Not many people know that Prabhas wanted to become a hotelier. In an interview, he answered the most asked question which career would he have chosen if it wasn’t for acting. To which he replied by saying that would have loved to work in the hotel industry as he is obsessed with food and has been dreaming to work there ever since he was a kid. So, his alternate career choice would have been completely different from his degree.
8. After his success many A-list actors and directors expressed their desire to work with Prabhas in the future. Prabhas, on the other hand, said he is a huge fan of Bollywood director Rajkumar Hirani and has also said that he has watched ‘Munnabhai MBBS’ and ‘3 idiots’ more than 20 times.