List of Telugu Romantic Comedy films:
Known for action packed masala movies, Telugu film industry is making a foray into romantic comedies to entertain their fans across the world. Both romance and comedy are two rare combinations that touch the strings of your heart and also tickle you to a good laugh. A full entertainer packed in one.
1. 100% Love:
When his cousin Mahalakshmi comes to stay, Balu is challenged to an extent rare in his charmed life. Seriousness of Balu challenged by Mahalakshmi’s bubbly spirit and sharp brain.
Director: Sukumar. Stars: Naga Chaitanya Akkineni, Tamannaah Bhatia, Tara Alisha, K.R. Vijaya
2. Bommarillu: A young man realizes that he has to push back against his domineering father if he wants to find true happiness and love.
Director: Bhaskar. Stars: Siddharth, Genelia D’Souza, Prakash Raj, Srinivasa Rao Kota
3. Sachein: A love triangle on a college campus between two young students who try to deny their feelings for each other. The entry of a lecturer who has a soft corner for the boy, changes things around.
Director: John Mahendran. Stars: Joseph Vijay, Genelia D’Souza, Bipasha Basu, Vadivelu
4. Darling (I): To save himself from an unwanted marriage to a gangster’s daughter, a man tells the story of reuniting with his childhood sweetheart in Switzerland.
Director: A. Karunakaran. Stars: Prabhas, Kajal Aggarwal, Shradha Das, Prabhu
5. Ala Modalaindi:
On the day of his girlfriend’s marriage, Gautam gets kidnapped by an unknown criminal. Bored on the way to the kidnapper’s den, Gautam is forced to narrate his cute love story which is filled with loads of twists and turns.
Director: Nandini Reddy. Stars: Nani, Nithya Menon, Sneha Ullal, Kriti Kharbanda
6. Brindaavanam: Krish (NTR) is the son of a billionaire businessman (Mukesh Rishi). He has a girlfriend Indu (Samantha). Her friend Bhoomi (kajal) wants to pursue her higher studies and lands in trouble. A gripping story of love and comedy.
Director: Vamshi Paidipally | Stars: N.T. Rama Rao Jr., Kajal Aggarwal, Samantha Ruth Prabhu, Prakash Raj
7. Orange: A man, who doesn’t believe that love can last a lifetime, pursues an exuberant romantic, but their clashing ideologies keep them apart, a light fun filled romcom.
Director: Bhaskar. Stars: Ram Charan, Genelia D’Souza, Shazahn Padamsee, Prabhu
Seenu (Ram) is a street-smart guy who shifts to Hyderabad from Anakapally to complete his degree in a college. He falls in love with Sruthi (Hansika Motwani) who also attends the same college. The movie is about their romance and the funny events therein.
Director: Santosh Srinivas. Stars: Ram Pothineni, Hansika Motwani, Aksha Pardasany, Sonu Sood
9. Salt n’ Pepper: The story of a few foodies, whose fondness of food bonds them together.
Director: Aashiq Abu. Stars: Lal, Mythili, Asif Ali, Baburaj
11. Ishq: Priya falls in love with Rahul during a delayed flight journey but realizes that he and her brother share a past which results in chaos.
Director: Vikram K. Kumar. Stars: Nithiin, Nithya Menon, Nagineedu, Ajay
12. Ashta Chamma:
Ashtachemma Lavanya (Colors Swati) is a hardcore fan of hero Mahesh Babu. And her ambition is to marry hero Mahesh. But her heart is broken when Mahesh married Namrata Sirodkar. She lowers her standards and starts looking for someone who looks like Mahesh Babu…This is the hilarious plot of the movie.
Director: Mohana Krishna Indraganti | Stars: Nani, Swathi Reddy, Srinivas Avasarala, Tanikella Bharani
Romcoms have a funny way of engaging the audiences as they relate to both the emotions equally. Romance is always close to the heart while comedy lightens our stresses. These Telugu romantic comedy films make watching movies very enjoyable.
Also see: List of Karthi Telugu Movies