Jasmin Bhasin is one of the most popular faces of the TV Industry. This year, we will see her as a contestant in Bigg Boss season 14. In this article, we have listed ten unknown facts about her personal and professional life that will help you to understand her journey inside the house. Let’s dive in!
1. A lot of people think that she belongs to Delhi, but in reality, she was born in Kota, Rajasthan. Her Conservative Sikh family never thought that Jasmin would become an actor someday. Even Jasmin did not think of acting as her career. So that is why after completing her school, she enrolled herself in a hospitality course in Jaipur.
2. But it seems Destiny had other plans for her. At the age of 20, she started getting offers from modeling agencies. Because of which she decided to shoot her first portfolio.
3. You can say that her portfolio was a success because she got even more modeling offers and not only this, she even got movie offers from the South Film Industry. This made her think about her acting career.
5. In 2011, she decided to give acting a chance. Her debut movie as an actor was a south Indian movie called Vaanam, which that release in 2011. She was a part of two more south movies out of which one was a Malayalam film called “Beware of dogs” and the other one was a Telugu movie called “Veta”. Both of them were released in 2014.
5. For many actors, after appearing in the South Indian film industry, their next step is Bollywood, but this was not the case with Jasmin. She got more offers from the TV Industry.
6. In 2015, she made her television debut with the serial ‘Tashan-E-Ishq’ where she played the role of Twinkle Taneja.
7. After this, she appeared in Siddharth Shukla and Rashmi Dasai starer ‘Dill se Dill Tak’ as Teni. Teni was a bar dancer by profession, who becomes a surrogate mother, to fulfill her dream of going to America. She won many awards for this role.
8. After the success of Dil Se Dil Tak, Jasmin participated in the reality show Khatron Ke Khiladi Season 9. Because of her humourous nature, she entertained her fans and gained more popularity. She competed against even more popular TV personalities likes Bharti Singh, Vikas Gupta, Shamita Shetty, ex-big boss contestant Sreesanth.
9. Jasmin has a phobia of driving. As a kid, while cycling, she met with an accident. Post-accident, she was in a coma for two days.
10. Talking about her Bigg Boss journey, in an interview the actress said, “Honestly, every year I am asked and every year unfortunately and fortunately I was doing something or the other. Some of the other show was happening. So, I could never give a thought to it, but this year I had no prior commitment. I have always been a Salman Khan fan and have enjoyed the show. So, when they asked me, I decided to do it.”