Bollywood Movies Based on College Life:
Carefree, happy go lucky, starry eyed all transport us back to our college days. Whether you are in college or have passed out long time back, college life always seems to brighten up your day and give a spark in your eye. Bollywood has cashed in on this soft spot and made some memorable movies on college life. Be it friendship, romance, love at first sight, anger and aggression, passion college life has it all.
Following is the List:
- 3 Idiots:
- This movie is for all those hostel boys in the engineering colleges played by Aamir Khan, R Madhavan and Sharman Joshi Based on Chetan Bhagat’s novel Five Point Someone. The film sent out strong messages on Indian educational system- highlighting college ragging, obsession with high grades and the dangerous repercussions of parental pressure on today’s college-going kids.
- Jo Jeeta Wo Sikandar: A romantic feel good film about three friends played by Aamir Khan, Ayesha Jhulka, Deepak Tijori, Pooja Bedi, Mamik Singh & Kulbhushan Kharbanda
- Rang de Basanti: The film starred Aamir Khan, R Madhavan, Atul Kulkarni, Kunal Kapoor, Sharman Joshi, Sidharth and Soha Ali Khan was one of the best coming of age college based movie.
- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai:
- The movie was a classic film which brings in the new era of westernization, a stud boy, college romance, and the works.
- Student of the year: This college drama is lavish, gigantic, larger than life, and revolves around rich kids. The film was a typical love triangle in the college of three best friends and the peer pressure to be the best.
- 2 States:
- The movie is a romantic drama film based on the novel of Chetan Bhagat of same. The movie starring Arjun Kapoor and Alia Bhatt from two different cultural backgrounds and their typical marriage story until they convince their parents.
- Wake up sid: This is a well-made film that should strike a chord with the youth. A story of Sidharth Mehra, a lazy, unmotivated slacker from Mumbai whose life undergoes a series of changes after taking his final year college exams.
- F.A.L.T.U: F.A.L.T.U is about four young friends who start their own college to beat the lopsided education system in the country.
- Fukrey: The movie revolves around 4 college friends and how they create all the mess they could.
- JTYJN is a romantic comedy starring Imran Khan and Genelia Dsouza. The movie revolves around 6 college friends who stick together in ups and down.
- Yaariyan: Yaariyan is comedy college campus life story. The movie revolves around Lakshya, Jia, Saloni, Pardy, and Neil who are college students and study in a campus in Sikkim.
- Dil Chahta Hai: The movie was about three college buddies, who share their lives and Goa vacations together.
- Main Hoon Na: A cult masala movie full of innocence, romance, tragedy, and war. This movie depicts the student-teacher love story well.
- Dil: A fun masala movie starring Aamir Khan and Madhuri Dixit.
- The Farhan Akhtar directed movie depicted the best part of Indian Military Academy.
- Yuva: A Mani Ratnam’s cult classic movie, Yuva was a first of its kind film which showed student politics in a serious manner. It was an awe-inspiring, hard-hitting, and very realistic movie.
- Ishq Vishq: “Pimple or Pyaar Kabhi Chup Nahi sakte”, says the love guru in the movie. This movie is a teenybopper college campus love triangle.
- Dil Dosti Etc: The movie revolves around two students from a diverse background -Imaad Shah and Shreyas Talpade.
- Style: The film revolves around two slap-happy college students, Bantu (Sharman Joshi) and Chantu (Sahil Khan), and how they get trapped in a murder mystery in an attempt to woo a rich girl.
- 404: 404 is a psychological thriller starring Rajvir Arora who doesn’t believe in the paranormal, just like his professor (Nishikant Kamath) in the medical college and how his faith is tested.
- Munna Bhai MBBS:
- The friendship of a goon and his left hand-aid, who go to medical college and their trials.
There are many Bollywood movies based on college life. College life is always seen as the golden period of anyone’s life. Bollywood movies have inspired the young generation of the country, enlightened us and reminded us of the sweet memories of college time.