Bollywood Actors Who Played Police Officers:
Acting basically involves personification of different characters. The real test for actors is to play different characters with precision and perfection. Most Bollywood actors have justified their roles by playing their characters to perfection, one of these characters is that of a police officer.
Here is a list of Bollywood actors who played police officer:
1. Jagdish Raj – The Bollywood actor who holds a Guinness World Record for being the most type-cast actor. He played a police inspector in 144 films.
2. Rani Mukerji – Rani won accolades for playing a police officer in Mardaani.
3. Sushmita Sen in Samay: When Time Strikes – The actress was praised for her performance as a police officer.
4. Shilpa Shetty in Dus – Shilpa Shetty played a tough cop alongside Sanjay Dutt.
5. Tabu in Drishyam – Tabu is one of the most versatile actresses in Bollywood and she can pull off any role with great finesse. Drishyam, where she played a cop who has to solve the case of her missing son.
6. Bipasha Basu in Dhoom 2 – Bipasha’s role as a cop was way more glamorous than the rest.
7. Priyanka Chopra – She won a lot of praise for her portrayal of police officer. Chopra has replaced Ajay Devgn in this sequel to the 2003 film, Gangaajal.
8. Akshay Kumar – Akshay Kumar portrayed the role of a police inspector in movies like ‘ Khakee’, Aan: Men at Work, Rowdy Rathore, a Captain of CIA in Indian army in ‘ Holiday’ and a secret agent from Indian intelligence in the movie Baby.
9. Aamir Khan – He portrayed the role of a Police Officer in ‘Sarfarosh’ and Talaash: The Answer Lies Within (2012)
10. Ajay Devgn – Ajay Devgan portrayed the role of a cop in many movies. The films include Naajayaz, Gangaajal, Insan, Masti, Aakrosh, Singham, and Singham 2.
11. Amitabh Bachchan – Zanjeer (1973) Bunty Aur Babli (2005) Khakee (2004)
12. Abhishek Bachchan – Dhoom 3 (2013)
13. Salman Khan – He has played the iconic character of Chulbul Pandey in Dabang. He also played a police officer Wanted (2009) Garv: Pride and Honour (2004).
14. John Abraham – Force (2011)
15. Sanjeev Kumar – Sholay (1975)
16. Shashi Kapoor – Deewaar (1975)
17. Sanjay Dutt – Shootout at Lokhandwala (2007)
18. Om Puri – He has played the role of Police Officers in many movies that include Ghayal, Drohkaal, Gupt: The Hidden Truth, Pyaar Toh Hona Hi Tha, Vinashak, Maqbool, Aan: Men at Work, Dev, Mumbai Xpress, Dabangg, Don 2 and Ghayal Once Again.
19. Jackie Shroff – Khalnayak (1993)
20. Rekha – Phool Bane Angaray (1991)
21. Nana Patekar – Nana Patekar has essayed the role of police officer in movies like Ab Tak Chhappan (2004), Tarkeib.
22. Iftekhar – Don (1978)
23. Rajinikanth – Hum (1991)
24. Hema Malini – Andha Kanoon (1983)
25. Randeep Hooda – Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai (2010)
26. Shah Rukh Khan – One 2 Ka 4 (2001)
27. Govinda – Khuddar (1994)
28. Irrfan Khan – He acted in four movies as a police officer that includes Bada Din, ‘Gunaah’, ‘Rog’, and Slumdog Millionaire and as ACP in Gunday and CID officer in Talvar.
29. Manoj Bajpai – Shool (1999)
30. Anupam Kher – A Wednesday! (2008)
31. Vinod Khanna – Amar Akbar Anthony (1977)
32. Jackie Shroff – Ram Lakhan (1989)
33. Rajeev Khandelwal – Shaitan (2011)
34. Ranveer Singh played an inspector for the first time in Simbaa. Ranveer breathes life into the character with his energy.
35. Suniel Shetty – Vinashak–Destroyer (1998)
36. Arbaaz Khan – Hello Brother (1999)
37. Jeetendra – Nafrat Ki Aandhi (1989)
38. Sunny Deol – Tridev (1989)
39. Dharmendra – Insaniyat Ke Dushman (1987)
Playing a police officer on the big screen is always a challenging role, but these Bollywood actors essay their roles with finesse and ease.