Bollywood Actors Who Kissed Onscreen:
Even though Bollywood is a century old, there are many traditions that need to be changed. For almost four decades, Bollywood’s only association with intimacy was two nodding dandelions and the camera panning to logs burning in the fireplace. Desire was portrayed through symbolism on the celluloid as filmmakers learned to fear the censor board. You’d be surprised to know that Bollywood was the boldest in the early 1920’s and 30’s and kissing was a common phenomenon. The years in between saw a regression and it was only the 80’s that saw a breakaway from the conservative content of Bollywood.
Here is a list of Bollywood actors who kissed onscreen:
- 1929 silent film ‘A Throw of Dice’, Seeta Devi went on to kiss Charu Roy.
- A four-minute kiss between Devika Rani and her director husband in the 1933 film ”Karma’
- Zubeida, created a sensation back in 1932 with her scanty attire and kissing scenes in film ‘Zarina’.
- Rishi Kapoor and Dimple Kapadia in Bobby and Saagar kiss on screen.
- Shashi Kapoor and Zeenat Amam lock lips in the 1978 film ‘Satyam Shivam Sundaram’
- Anil Kapoor and Dimple Kapadia kissed on-screen in ‘Janbaaz’
- Madhuri Dixit also kissed Vinod Khanna in the 1988 film ‘Dayavan’.
- Juhi Chawla and Aamir Khan shared a kiss on screen in ‘Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak’.
- Karisma Kapoor and Aamir Khan’s minute long kiss in the 1996 film ‘Raja Hindustani’ that created a stir.
- Kareena Kapoor and Aamir Khan in 3 Idiots.
- In 2003 film ‘Khwahish’, Govind Menon made Mallika Sherawat and Himanshu Malik kiss 17 times on screen.
- Anurag Basu’s erotic thriller ‘Murder’ created quite a stir in Bollywood with the kissing scenes between Emraan Hashmi and Mallika Sherawat.
- Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai shared sizzling chemistry in ‘Dhoom 2’.
- Hrithik Roshan and Katrina Kaif in Bang Bang.
- Shahid Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor in ‘Jab We Met’.
- Vidya Balan and Arshad Warsi in ‘Ishiqiya’.
- With ‘Ki & Ka,’ Kareena shed her inhibitions after marriage and was seen kissing Arjun Kapoor.
- Ajay Devgn – The actor broke his 25-year-old no kissing policy by locking lips with Erika Kaar in his directorial venture Shivaay.
- Shah Rukh Khan, in Jab Tak Hai Jaan where he kissed Katrina Kaif onscreen.
- Shah Rukh Khan and Anushka Sharma in Jab Harry met Sejal.
Indian movies have had far more people chasing each other around the trees than kissing. Despite the apprehensions that Bollywood actors have with onscreen kissing, our filmmakers are experimenting with new content and storylines. If the story of a movie demands so then the actors have to comply.
Also See: List of Bollywood Movies Which Are Epic